Promotions are granted on the basis of the whole year’s work. The decision of the School authorities with regard to promotion is FINAL.
Eligibility : Those students are eligible whose:
- Attendance in the school from the first teaching day of the session to last working day of last month before examination is not less than 80%.
- All the school dues are paid.
Scheme of Examination:
(a) For classes KG, I, II : The subject teachers will conduct 3-4 class tests of their subjects of 10 marks in a month and on the basis of these tests the subject teachers will submit best two performances (20 marks) of students along with evaluation of home work, class work (5 marks) to the examination wing. The marks obtained by student in March and April will be evaluated as FA-1 and of May and June as FA-2. Marks obtained by student in 1st Terminal Examination will be assessed as SA-1. The marks obtained in tests of August-September and October-November will be assessed as FA-3 and FA-4 and marks obtained by student in 2nd Terminal Examination will be evaluated as SA-2. The student will have to obtain at least D grade in each subject.
(b) For classes 3rd to 10th
Whole of the academic year is divided in two terms and in each term the school will conduct one cycle test of 20 marks, two internal assessments of 10 marks each, one project of 20 marks and one terminal examination of 90 marks each, in each subject and the weightage of all these examination will be as follows :
Formative Assessment 1 (1st cycle test + 1st internal assessment) total 30 marks will be converted out of 10 marks.
Formative Assessment 2 (1st Project + 2nd internal assessment) total 30 marks will be converted out of 10 marks.
Summative Assessment 1 1st Terminal Examination (90 marks) will be converted out of 30 marks.
Formative Assessment 3 (2nd cycle test + 3rd internal assessment) total 30 marks will be converted out of 10 marks.
Formative Assessment 4 (2nd Project + 4th internal assessment) total 30 marks will be converted out of 10 marks.
Summative Assessment 2 2nd Terminal Examination (90 marks) will be converted out of 30 marks.
Total Formative Assessment F.A. 1 + F.A. 2 + F.A. 3 + F.A. 4 = 40 Marks
Total Summative Assessment S.A. 1 + S.A. 2 = 60 Marks
The internal assessment will include homework, class work, oral and written tests. Projects will be as per the subjects and decided by the subject teachers.
Formative assessment will include Class work, Homework, oral questions, Quizzes, Projects, Assignments, Tests, experiments, Conversations and Interviews, Formative Assessment will be used to assess the teaching learning of the syllabus.All assessment with regards to academic status of students will be done in marks and overall assessment will be given in grades.
For Classes 9th and 10th:
Students would have to obtain at least 25% marks in the summative assessments (both SA1 and SA2) taken together to be eligible to qualify the examination i.e. at least 15 marks out of 60. SA2 will be of 100 marks including 10 marks of OTBA. In addition all the other changes made by CBSE will be implemented as such without any delay.
- 1. Languages (English, Hindi, Sanskrit). 2. Mathematics. 3. Science. 4. Social Science.
- 1. Work Experience. 2. Art Education. 3. Physical & Health Education
- The students will have to obtain at least D grade in each subject.
- Those students whose overall grade will be A2, and continue their studies in our school, will be awarded with merit certificate and prize.
- Those students whose overall grade will be A1, , and continue their studies in our school, will be awarded with special merit certificate and prize.
- 2nd Terminal Examination of IX & X will be according to CBSE pattern. Exemption from Examination:
- No. student is allowed leave to attend marriages, functions etc. and absence due to this reason in examination will be mentioned as absent and zero marks will be entered in the report card.
- If a student remain absent from the cycle test or terminal examination due to illness then the application for re-examination must reach the school office along with a medical certificate from a Registered Medical Officer within three days. The cycle test/terminal examination will be conducted again for the student at the end of the session as scheduled by examination wing of the school and the student has to pay the re-examination fee on the following rates: Re-examination fees for cycle tests Rs. 50/- per subject & Re-examination fees for terminal examinations Rs. 100/- per subject